Terms and Conditions of Business
These terms and conditions constitute a legally binding agreement between the Client and Amanara, regarding services rendered or to be rendered by Amanara. In the event of conflict with any communications, proposals, contracts, marketing materials, or agreements, these Terms and Conditions shall control. Submission of source materials (as defined below) constitutes acceptance of all these terms and conditions.
The headings in these terms and conditions are for convenience only and shall not affect their interpretation.
Unless the context otherwise requires words importing one gender include all other genders and words incorporating the single include the plural and vice versa.
- We act as an agent. We will receive your document(s) in our office, then take them to, and collect them from, the Legalisation Office in person.
- All straight forward applications will be completed within 4-5 working days from the moment the documents arrive at our office
- By straight forward application, we mean documents that are ready for legalisation. In other words, they can be legalised as they are, or we can obtain the signature of a solicitor or notary public on the client’s behalf.
- If client has requested that we obtain solicitor or notary public authentication prior to legalisation, the service will still be completed within 4-5 working days. On very rare occasions, when a solicitor or notary public is not available, it may take longer. We will inform the client straight away if this is the case.
- If any documents received are not suitable for legalisation, we will contact the client as soon as possible and explain why the document cannot be legalised, and if applicable, what needs to be done in order to have the document legalised.
- Delays can occur for many reasons, including:
- solicitor or notary public signature specimen not included in the Legalisation Office database. The Legalisation Office makes efforts to contact the solicitor or notary public to obtain their specimen signature, however, if the solicitor or notary public does not reply to them quickly enough, it will delay the legalisation process. This includes signatures of all other public officials, such as Registrars, doctors and any other official authorised to sign documents for this purpose.
- the document may have not been certified according to the Legalisation Office requirements.
- unauthorised copies of GRO documents
- Notary Public has not sealed the document
- copy of a criminal record certificate - only originals are accepted.
- a declaration or statement refers to an attachment, which is not attached.
This list is NOT exhaustive and there may be other reasons for the Legalisation Office to refuse to legalise documents.
- Our current fees are always published on our website
- Unless otherwise specified, published fees include VAT, where applicable.
- We require payment in advance for all apostille orders.
- Our preferred form of payment is by bank transfer.
- We also accept payment by (in order of preference):
- Credit/Debit cards over the phone or fill in our order form and insert your card details in the appropriate field.
- Credit/Debit card online
- Postal Order – payable to Amanara UK Ltd
- Cheque – payable to Amanara UK Ltd
- If documents cannot be legalised for any reason, we will refund the apostille fee ONLY. Our service fee will still be charged.
- We return all legalised documents by first class recorded mail. This provides proof of posting, signature on delivery and online confirmation of delivery. It is not possible to track your document. Most documents arrive next day, however this is not guaranteed and it could take longer.
- We offer other delivery services at additional costs:
We accept no responsibility for delays once your document has been handed over to the postal services, as this is totally out of our control. We consider our service completed when your documents have been handed over to the postal services/courier company.
- Special Delivery: proof of posting, guaranteed delivery next day by 1pm, guaranteed Saturday delivery for a small surcharge, online tracking and electronic proof of delivery.
- Domestic Courier: next working day, online tracking and electronic proof of delivery. Delivery time is not guaranteed.
- International recorded mail: proof of posting, secure delivery of an item up to 2kg, a signature taken by recipient. No tracking available.
- Airsure: priority handling in the UK and abroad and delivery confirmation.
- International Courier: online tracking and delivery confirmation. Most deliveries are faster than airsure or international recorded mail.
In order for us, Amanara UK Ltd, to provide legalisation services, we need to collect personal data to enable us to contact you for any queries and also to deliver legalised documents. We are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
Failure to provide necessary personal information at the time of ordering may result in Amanara UK Ltd being unable to provide some or all of the Services.
We don’t need to share your name and contact details to any third parties, however the documents you submit to us for legalisation may contain such information. Documents for legalisation may be shared with solicitors, notary public, the Legalisation Office (part of the British Foreign and Commonwealth Office – FCO), consulate and embassies. We will only submit your document to these third parties when strictly necessary, and the need to share depends on what type of document it is and which country the legalised will submitted to.
Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide you on our behalf. Note that some consulates and embassies are not part of the EEA and may not comply with the GDPR Data Protection law.
Amanara UK Ltd will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. Amanara UK Ltd is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes.
Amanara UK Ltd, at your request, can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed.
Contact details of the Data Protection Manager:
1 Spiersbridge Way
Telephone: 0333 444 0241
This document was last updated on 09 September 2021