Terms and Conditions of Business
These terms and conditions constitute a legally binding agreement between the Client and Amanara, regarding services rendered or to be rendered by Amanara. In the event of conflict with any communications, proposals, contracts, marketing materials, or agreements, these Terms and Conditions shall control. Submission of source materials (as defined below) constitutes acceptance of all these terms and conditions.
The headings in these terms and conditions are for convenience only and shall not affect their interpretation.
Unless the context otherwise requires words importing one gender include all other genders and words incorporating the single include the plural and vice versa.
- We act as an agent. We will receive your document(s) in our office, then take them to, and collect them from, the Legalisation Office in person.
- All straight forward applications will be completed within 24 hours from the moment the documents arrive at our office
- By straight forward application, we mean documents that are ready for legalisation. In other words, they can be legalised as they are, or we can obtain the signature of a solicitor or notary public on the client’s behalf.
- If client has requested that we obtain solicitor or notary public authentication prior to legalisation, the service will still be completed within 24 hours. On very rare occasions, when a solicitor or notary public is not available, it may take more than 24 hours for completion. We will inform the client straight away if this is the case.
- If any documents received are not suitable for legalisation, we will contact the client as soon as possible and explain why the document cannot be legalised, and if applicable, what needs to be done in order to have the document legalised.
- In the event of a delay for a reason beyond our control, our 24 hour guarantee will not apply.
- Delays can occur for many reasons, including:
- solicitor or notary public signature specimen not included in the Legalisation Office database. The Legalisation Office makes efforts to contact the solicitor or notary public to obtain their specimen signature, however, if the solicitor or notary public does not reply to them quickly enough, it will delay the legalisation process. This includes signatures of all other public officials, such as Registrars, doctors and any other official authorised to sign documents for this purpose.
- the document may have not been certified according to the Legalisation Office requirements.
- unauthorised copies of GRO documents
- Notary Public has not sealed the document
- copy of a criminal record certificate
- a declaration or statement refers to an attachment, which is not attached.
This list is NOT exhaustive and there may be other reasons for the Legalisation Office to refuse to legalise documents.
- Our current fees are always published on our website
- Unless otherwise specified, published fees include VAT, where applicable.
- We require payment in advance for all apostille orders.
- Our preferred form of payment is by BACS. Our bank account details are:
Bank: Barclays Bank
Account Name: Amanara (UK) Limited
Account No: 03599701
Sort Code: 20 57 40
IBAN: GB66 BARC20 5740 0359 9701
*Use your name as reference*
Please send/fax us proof of payment.
Important Note: If you are sending your payment from abroad, please make sure that all bank charges are paid by you.
- We also accept payment by (in order of preference):
- Credit/Debit cards over the phone or fill in our order form and insert your card details in the appropriate field.
- Credit/Debit card online
- Postal Order – payable to Amanara UK Ltd
- Cheque – payable to Amanara UK Ltd
- If documents cannot be legalised for any reason, we will refund the apostille fee ONLY. Our service fee will still be charged.
- We return all legalised documents by first class recorded mail. This provides proof of posting, signature on delivery and online confirmation of delivery. It is not possible to track your document. Most documents arrive next day, however this is not guaranteed and it could take longer.
- We offer other delivery services at additional costs:
We accept no responsibility for delays once your document has been handed over to the postal services, as this is totally out of our control. We consider our service completed when your documents have been handed over to the postal services/courier company.
- Special Delivery: proof of posting, guaranteed delivery next day by 1pm, guaranteed Saturday delivery for a small surcharge, online tracking and electronic proof of delivery.
- Domestic Courier: next working day, online tracking and electronic proof of delivery. Delivery time is not guaranteed.
- International recorded mail: proof of posting, secure delivery of an item up to 2kg, a signature taken by recipient. No tracking available.
- Airsure: priority handling in the UK and abroad and delivery confirmation.
- International Courier: online tracking and delivery confirmation. Most deliveries are faster than airsure or international recorded mail.
- Amanara may collect and hold personal information provided by the Client to process the Client’s order and to provide the Services.
- Amanara will hold the personal information collected at the principal place of business. Under the Privacy Act 1993 if the Client is an individual he or she has rights of access to and correction of his or her personal information held by Amanara by contacting email@example.com.
- Failure to provide necessary personal information at the time of collection may result in Amanara being unable to provide some or all of the Services.
- Each party shall ensure that during the performance of its obligations under these terms and conditions, will at all times comply with relevant provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998.